Monday, August 3, 2009

For His Glory - Monday, August 3, 2009 - "Press On"

The grandmother of one of my very best friends passed away this past Thursday and my sweet friend and her family are, understandably, broken hearted. When we were deciding on the special music she and I would sing, it became abundantly clear we should sing a song by the trio group Selah which is entitled "Press On." Philippians 3:14 in the New American Standard version says "I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." This same verse in the Good News Translation says "So I run straight toward the goal in order to win the prize, which is God's call through Christ Jesus to the live above." As I shared with those in attendance, my friend's grandmother wins! She has the prize which is eternal life with Jesus Christ and, oh, my what a PRIZE! Those of us left behind are called to press on. Life is tough but our goal is clear and we cannot lose sight of that which are called to do. I know the difficulty and trials I am experiencing in my own life right now - facing possible unemployment, another surgery to correct an eye issue, continued physical healing. Right now, the list of struggles seems pretty long but I am not destroyed (2 Cor. 4:7). Life, dear ones is TOUGH but God indeed, is faithful and He has been SO faithful to me. Be encouraged and, in Jesus' name, press on.

"When the valley is deep,
When the mountain is steep,
When the body is weary,
When we stumble and fall.
When the choices are hard,
When we're battered and scarred,
When we've spent our resources,
When we've given our all.
In Jesus' name, we press on,
In Jesus name, we press on,
Dear Lord, with the prize,
Clear before our eyes,
We find the strength to press on. (C) Selah

No comments: