Friday, July 31, 2009

Long time, no write . . .

Lots going on these days . . . working to find replacement job, getting through physical therapy, walking with others through their struggles, still having many, many blessings to count amidst the tears.

I've learned that when things are not terribly stressful, it is easy to write and journal and blog. When the stresses mount, we tend to retreat and it is at those times when we need to reach out to friends and family and Jesus.

Life is tough, God is faithful. If we're still here, drawing breath, we have something to be thankful for. I don't know what the future holds but I know who holds the future and as long as I place my trust in Him, things will be okay.

A dear friend shared with me something going on her life that was really painful and it made me weep. What she is going through now, I have been through in my own life and I can empathize with her. I shared with her how, one day, many, many years ago (20 to be exact) not long after Joe's father died, I had pulled my car off to the side of the road. I was crying so hard I couldn't see to drive and this was certainly the days before cell phones. I was alone with God and I asked that He not let any of the pain in my life be wasted. I told Him that if even one life was touched by what I was going through then it would all be worth it. I meant it and He has not wasted the pain and the heartache and I know beyond a doubt that He has and continues to allow my experiences to bring a message of His grace and mercy to the lives of other women. For this, I am thankful and when I can't think of any other blessing at the moment, I know I have that one.

Just wanted to share some thoughts. Lots going on, lots to sort through and organize but know this: You are loved!

No comments: