Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Job is to Love . . .

I'm learning - daily and as I do I am realizing so many ways that I have failed to do as I was created to do. First and foremost, dear ones, my job - our job - is to love. The Word directs us to do two things which I am coming to understand are true priorities in my life. The first is to Love God. The second is to love others. As I grow in my relationship with the Savior, I am learning that the more I seek God, the more I desire Him and the deeper that desire grows, the richer also is my love for Him and His holiness. God does not direct me to be the arbiter of all things earthly. Au contraire mon ami :) I am only to love as Jesus first loved me - wholeheartedly, without reservation, jumping in with both feet, regardless of whether I am loving the Creator or the created. Oh, that I would have understood this long ago. My life would have been so much different. I would have been so much different. I cannot and will not attempt to undo the past - there's a LOT of good that comes from there. I can know, however, going forward, that each day I choose to love is each day I am living out the very first reason for which I was created. It is my ardent prayer that I get MANY MANY days to get good at this!
Yours, In Him! AA

No comments: