Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - Rehabilitation of the Heart - Part Two

When I was a child in church I learned the "Hymns of the Faith." I sang them, not fully understanding or comprehending their meaning. Now, as those precious words come to mind, I realize that God in all His infinite wisdom has given me a love for His music, a love for singing His praises with the Words of HIS word and that those words have sustained and continue to sustain me on this journey of rehabilitating my heart. Hymns like "Tis so Sweet to Trust in Jesus;" "I Surrender All" and, of course, "Amazing Grace" among others. Several years back Brendan bought me a book entitled "Then Sings My Soul" which chronicles some of the great hymns of faith and how they came to be and I realize that a number of those sacred hymns were penned at a very dark time in the life of the writer. I am so thankful that even if I cannot write the words to my own Hymn of Faith, I can and will sing the songs that the pain of others have brought forth. It is indeed, "Well with My Soul" and I will sing the "Wondrous Love of Jesus" forever as I continue on this Journey, for my good, For His Glory. Yours, In Him - AA

No comments: