Monday, January 4, 2010

For His Glory, Monday, January 4, 2010 - Rehabilitating The Heart

My devotional this morning was from the 2 Kings, Chapter 17 and talks about how the children of Israel were led out of Egypt by God and even though God was very clear about what they were to do, they were very "stiff necked" and did not listen. They worshiped idols and other "gods" and this was not pleasing to God. As I look back on the past six years, I can see the times when I had the most joy and the most peace was when my first priority was spending time with the Lord and being absolutely obedient to Him. This is not easy but it becomes as necessary as air. I can look back and see that the greatest struggles have been when things have gotten difficult and while I know that the Lord has not left me, nor has He forsaken me, I have felt very alone and that the Lord was very silent. The struggles have magnified as in my heartache I have been the one to retreat. This reminds me of the piece we're all familiar with entitled "Footprints" (C) wherein the writer conveys how he had a dream and in that dream there were two sets of footprints but at times only one. When there was only one set of footprints, that is when Jesus carried the author through the difficult times. There were times, however, when the footprints were all over, in circles and patterns and the author asks the Lord what was happening then and Jesus said to him "That is when we danced." It is my prayer that as I am surrendered to the rehabilitating love of the Almighty and praying that He will keep me first and foremost mindful of Him and not other "gods" - like work, finances, injuries, children, relationships and worries - that not only will I allow Him to carry me as I learn to abide in Him, but there will come a day when my relationship with Jesus is so strong that we dance. Loving you, with His love and praying that ALL I do will be For His Glory! AA

No comments: