Thursday, April 9, 2009

For His Glory, Thursday, April 9, 2009 - No Pain, No Gain; No Cross, No Crown

My sweetie and I have added a new form of torture to our workouts in an attempt to tone flabby muscles and burn body fat. I won't tell you what I have renamed it, but the class schedule at our gym calls it Cardio Kickboxing. I am at times tortured by nightmares of the instructor saying "punch it out," "right cross," "left jab," "roundhouse" or one of the more painful moves - "speedbag." Yes, these are all boxing moves with kicking and high speed cardio intensity thrown in. As I lay on the ground last night to do about 400 crunches of various types, out loud I said "I am TOO old for this!" While the younguns around me could laugh, my body HURT!!! Now, before you think I'm a wimp, we do this class on Monday nights AND I do what is called Body Works on Tuesday nights (you can figure THAT one out). I am 46 years old and I am reminded that I shoulda been doin' this stuff when I was 26, 36 at the latest but NO, I was still thin THEN! Alas, it IS Holy Week. The time of the year, when we as Believers and followers of Jesus are reminded of the pain He endured. Isaiah 53:5 reminds us that Jesus was wounded for our transgressions and bruised for OUR iniquities but by HIS stripes, we are healed. I tell you, my friends, more than the healing I need for my fluffy, out of shape body, I need the healing of Jesus daily in my heart. The Holy Spirit brought this immediately to my mind as I lay on the floor of the gym, sweat pouring off me and tears sprang to my eyes. I was in physical pain for the hope of gaining a healthier, fit body. Jesus bore my pain on the cross to give me an eternal body. What Jeremiah 29 says is He bought "a future, and a hope." Be reminded, those I love, that there is no gain without pain and Jesus is the author of that statement. But where there is no cross, there is no crown. Revelations 2:10 reminds us to
" . . . not fear any of those things which you are about to suffer. . .
Be faithful until death,
and I will give you the crown of life."
Remember what Jesus did for us and know that He bore a crown of thorns, to give us a crown of eternal life. He bore the pain of the cross for our gain, For His Glory. Loving you this Easter and always - AA

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you Jesus for dying for our sins, so that we may have everlasting life.

For His Glory said...

Amen, my friend - Amen!